My email address begins with contact-me
and ends with the domain of this web site.
Experience: Over 10 years as a professional Mac and iOS software engineer
Expertise: C, Objective-C, Swift, Cocoa, CoreFoundation, Xcode, Git
Independent app developer (2016 - Current)
A sole proprietorship developing apps for Mac and iOS.
Rogue Amoeba Software (2008 - 2016)
A small privately owned software company with a suite of consumer audio apps for Mac and iOS.
- I was lead engineer of Airfoil, a Mac app for streaming audio over your local network, and its companion audio receiver app Airfoil Satellite (formerly Airfoil Speakers) for Mac and iOS.
- I was lead engineer of Radioshift, a Mac app for playing and recording internet radio.
- I was co-lead engineer of Intermission, an app that allowed you to pause live audio on your Mac and play it back later.
- I was co-lead engineer of Pulsar, a Mac app for playing Sirius XM internet streams.
- I wrote large amounts of shared framework code that ships in every Rogue Amoeba app.
- I maintained and documented the build system, unit testing system, and version control system.
- Company blog references:
5 year anniversary: Another Momentous Occasion
Guest blog post: Sierra and Gatekeeper Path Randomization
Farewell: Rogue Amoeba's 2016
"eight years of rock-solid code inside just about every one of our apps"
Francis Technical Services (now FTS InfoTech) (2007 - 2008)
A small privately owned software company that contracted with Apple to develop internal Apple business apps for Mac.
- I was lead engineer of BuildIT, a Mac app that served as a template for creating other internal business apps.
- I was co-lead engineer of Sonar, a Mac app used by Apple Developer Relations and iTunes Store Support to track emails with customers.
- I was an engineer for Merlin, a Mac payroll app.
- I was an engineer for Espresso, a Mac client for Apple's trouble ticket tracking system.
- I was an engineer for Radar, a Mac client for Apple's bug tracking system.
Marko Karppinen & Co. (now Richie) (2006 - 2007)
A small privately owned software company that developed Mac apps for both consumers and enterprise.
- I was lead engineer of Knox, a consumer Mac app for easy use and sync of encrypted file vaults. (In 2010, Knox was sold to AgileBits, makers of 1Password.)
- I was co-lead engineer of Pyro, a Mac client for Basecamp's Campfire chat.
Bonjeff (2017 - Current)
A Mac app that shows you a live display of the Bonjour services published on your network.
- I'm the creator and sole engineer.
Vienna (2006 - 2010)
A popular RSS reader for Mac.
- I was co-lead engineer and project administrator. At times I was the sole engineer.
ClickToFlash (2009 - 2010)
A WebKit plug-in that gave the user control over loading Adobe Flash on web pages.
- I was an engineer (#2 commit contributor) and a project administrator.
University of Wisconsin at Madison
M.A. and B.S. in Philosophy
Area of specialization: Logic